Farmers slam govt policies, stage protest
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Criticising the anti-farmer policies of the Centre and the state government, members of Kirti Kisan Union staged a protest at the Deputy Commissioner's office on Friday.
Hardev Singh Sandhu, president of the Ludhiana wing of the union, said loans of small farmers should be waived. "Our union demands that landlords should not be given panchayat land on lease for farming purposes. Small farmers should be encouraged for this," he added.
Their other demands included free irrigation facilities for small farmers, installation of deep tubewells by the government on their own for small farmers, and a special subsidy on fertilisers and seeds.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held