- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The series 24 successfully ran for nine years in America. But it shot to fame in India only in its final season, which had Anil Kapoor playing a key character — of the president of a fictitious Islamic nation. Kapoor decided to bring the award-winning series to India and bought the rights to adapt it for Indian television. He got a team to first adapt the series locally and then roped in Delhi Belly director Abhinay Deo to direct it. Currently under production, 24 is being made at a huge budget. It will air in the first quarter of 2013 on Colors.
The fifth edition of India Art Fair, considered the biggest art carnival in the country, will be held in Delhi from February 1-3. Almost every Indian artist is represented in the maze-like mini-galleries that make up the fair. This year, the extravaganza will boast a thousand Indian and international names from the art world, including 24 countries such as Argentina, Israel, Latvia, Korea and Russia. While canvases make up most of the artwork, with installations coming a close second, New Media enthusiasts can check out the video lounges for gripping and thought-provoking video art. This year's custom-built tents at NSIC Exhibition Grounds, Okhla, will cover 20,000 sqm and will be created by contemporary set designer Sumant Jayakrishnan.
Norah Jones in India
Singer, songwriter and pianist Norah Jones is packing her bags for her maiden performance in India. The lilting purrs and Dusty Springfield-ish voice of this nine-time Grammy winner will regale the audience in Mumbai at "A Summer Festival" in March. The singer, who introduced us to her brand of hypnotic jazz, is likely to present an assortment of jazz and soft country crossover music. Jones recently made a bold departure from her whispery numbers to deliver dark sounds in her last album, Little Broken Hearts, and is likely to sing a few pieces from it as well as popular staples such as Come away with me and Sunrise.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held