Father bites off baby’s lip, nose
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
After a fight with his wife, a drunken man bit off the upper lip, nose and cheeks of his five-month-old daughter in Bikaner on Thursday night. The man, Bahadur Singh, worked as a trucker and after losing an arm in an accident had started working as an agricultural labourer.
Late Thursday night, after reaching home in an inebriated state, he asked his wife to do some work but she refused as she had applied henna on her palms. Infuriated by this, Singh beat her up and when the couple's three-year-old daughter, Bhanwar Kanwar, walked into the room, he bit her on her back and hands. Awakened by this, his five-month-old baby, Radha, started crying, which angered Singh further.
He ruthlessly bit off the upper lip and nose of the baby and left deep marks on her cheeks. The baby was rushed to a local hospital in Bikaner's Kolayat area.
Doctors have referred her to a hospital in Jaipur.
Singh was arrested and a case has been registered against him. He was produced in court on Saturday.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’