Father held for kidnapping couple
The UT Police, on Thursday, arrested the father of a 22-year-old girl, Shalu a resident of Ambala, who had fled with her husband Gurjeet Singh Saini (25) from their residence in Malloya on Wednesday. The girl's father has been booked on charges of abduction. A case was registered by Joginder Singh, brother of Gurjeet Singh, a native of Yamunanagar, who was allegedly kidnapped by the girl's family.
The couple got married in March 2007 and have been living at their respective homes.
The family of the girl knew about the marriage with Gurjeet. However, they fixed her marriage with someone else. Following this, the girl eloped with her husband and came and lived in Malloya.
On December 26, the couple was kidnapped from Malloya by the family of the girl and were taken to a village near Ambala.
The couple had sought protection from high court and were abducted last evening from Malloya.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow