Gujarat: Father-in-law, brother-in-law ‘rape’ woman over 40 times, arrested
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A 32-year-old woman in Halvad town of Surendranagar district was allegedly raped for over 40 times by her brother-in-law and father-in-law in last two years. The Surendranagar police arrested the duo on Friday who have reportedly confessed of raping the woman.
The suspects claimed that the woman needed physical intimacy as her husband had reportedly turned impotent in last three to four years, police said.
The victim lives in her in-laws place with her husband and three children, mother-in-law, the accused father-in-law and brother-on-law in Ajitgadh village of Halvad town of Surendranagar. Her father-in-law is 70-years-old while her brother-in-law is 42-years-old.
The matter reached police when a source close to the victim raised an alarm, called the Surendranagar SP office and said "a woman in Halvad town is being physically exploited, she is in a bad condition, please help". The caller later gave details of the victim to police.
The victim lodged an FIR at Halvad police station on January 3 against her father-in-law and brother-in-law.
Investigating officer, PSI Anil Patel said, "The woman was completely scared and found to be under depression. When she finally narrated the story, it was found that her brother-in-law have raped her 40 times while father-in-law has raped her five times in last two years. Almost everyday, the in-laws used to force themselves upon her and repeatedly raped her."
"The duo, during their interrogation confessed to the crime and claimed to police that they were raping the woman as she was in 'need' of sexual intimacy. Her husband reportedly has a health problem for last two years. However, only after the medical tests it can be ascertained whether he turned impotent or not," the police officer said.
The victim, her husband and both the accused were sent for medical examination and the samples have been sent for further tests.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet