Fazilka top in providing NREGA jobs
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Fazilka and Moga emerged at top in providing maximum number of jobs under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) while Ludhiana followed closely by completing the target in mid-September.
"From April 1 to September 18, we got 57,384 job cards made, out of which, 10,034 workers were provided jobs. In addition to this, in the district, 1,77,461 workers have been given daily wage jobs," said Fazilka DC Dr Basant Garg.
He added that to further popularise MGNREGA, the Centre has decided to set up Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendras in different villages.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet