FBI concludes probe, says Wisconsin gurdwara shooter acted alone
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
"The FBI investigation indicates Wade Michael Page acted alone and was not assisted in committing this violent crime killing six and wounding four other victims. No evidence was uncovered to conclude this attack was directed or facilitated by any white supremacist group," Teresa Carlson, Special Agent in charge of the FBI Milwaukee Division, said.
The FBI briefed the victims and family members of the deceased on the results of the investigation on November 16, it said.
"We join the Sikh community in grieving the loss of their loved ones. We continue to work with temple leaders and all of our law enforcement partners in an effort to keep the community safe," Carlson said.
During the shooting at the gurdwara, 40-year-old Page "exchanged gun fire with two Oak Creek police officers seriously wounding one, before being shot by another officer, then turning his weapon on himself. There is also no evidence to suggest the attack was part of any ongoing threat to the Sikh community," the FBI statement said.
During the course of its investigation, the FBI generated 200 investigative leads; conducted 300 interviews; and collected more than 200 pieces of evidence.
Thirty agencies responded to the incident, including 27 local, one state and two federal agencies, Carlson said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet