FDI in multi-brand retail to help farmers: Pawar
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Union agriculture minister Sharad Pawar on Saturday said FDI in multi-brand retail will cut down post-harvest losses to farmers and bring investment in cold-chain facilities. "Farmers will gain on at least two counts: significant reduction in post-harvest losses such as loss in transit (of produce) due to non-refrigeration and air conditioning transportation system, and better prices. Consumers will gain from lower prices, greater choice and higher quality," Pawar told reporters here.
He said the policy decision will boost investment in cold-chain facilities.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow