FE@CAMPUS MASTERMIND: Response by Amit Motwani to question for Jan 28-Feb 3
India does not need new banks but it requires efficient banks that work as a profession and take their job seriously. Nationalised banks waste a lot of precious hours because of holidays and the employees often take jobs for granted.They need to value the customer and the concept of money and time.People should be educated to use the ATM more often and let the bank carry on with more important duties. Loans have to be recovered and this means getting professional and not emotional.We need a loan system for people who do not have a salary slip to build their houses and take a loan. Microfinancing has to be introduced but with care. New banks are not needed when existing banks can become better. Infrastructure has been set up and now banking has to be a profession and not just a cushy job with security.Private banks are a good example of professional ethics and less holidays. Nationalised banks need to improve with good service and respect the concept of time ,money and the customer.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow