Mahindra and Mahindra auto sales up 18% in Nov
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra today reported 18 per cent increase in total sales at 48,143 units in November.
The company had sold 40,722 units in the same month last year.
The company's domestic sales stood at 46,755 units during the month against 38,159 units in November 2011, up 23 per cent, it said in a statement.
The passenger vehicles segment (which includes the UVs and Verito) registered an increase of 38 per cent at 24,604 units against 17,813 units in the year-ago month.
Exports in the last month, however, declined by 46 per cent at 1,388 units from 2,563 units in the same month last year, it said.
Commenting on the numbers, Mahindra & Mahindra Chief Executive (Automotive Division) Pravin Shah said: "We are happy to maintain our growth trend on the back of our portfolio of products especially the Quanto, which has crossed more than 12,000 bookings in just over two months.
" He said the recently announced GDP numbers were in line with expectations and the company did not foresee any immediate impact on the monetary policy.
"Till there is a decrease in interest rates for corporate or retail credits, financing rates will remain high for auto customers which is a cause of concern.
However, we expect interest rates to be reduced during the last quarter of the current financial year," Shah said.
Company INFO More on Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
Mutual Funds Check for top funds
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held