February 18 last date for colleges to forward applications for MT-CET ’13
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The State Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) has asked the candidates for Maharashtra Technical Common Entrance Test (MT-CET 2013) to register their names with respective schools or junior colleges, which will then have to send the requirement of application forms based on the registration figures to the designated colleges by February 18.
To be held on May 16, MT-CET 2013 will cover admission to engineering and pharmacy courses with the Maharashtra government deciding to participate in the Medical Council of India's National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to health science degree courses from 2013-14.
While the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) used to conduct the combined entrance exam for admission to engineering, pharmacy and health sciences degree courses in the state till last year, the government has now appointed DTE as the competent authority to conduct MT-CET 2013.
Announcing that application forms will be invited online from MT-CET aspirants, the DTE has announced that brochure and application kit will be made available to students through their respective school or college.
"The application kit will have application number and password, using which students need to apply online. Forms will be made available online by March," it has said.
Students from outside Maharashtra can collect the brochure and application kit from notified colleges, details about which are available on the official web-link for MT-CET 2013 (http://dte.org.in/MTCET2013).
Meanwhile, several local junior colleges, when contacted, said they were unaware about the February 18 deadline set for intimating students' requirement to the notified college, which is the College of Engineering Pune (CoEP) for city students. They also said the process of filing online application for MT-CET 2013 in March would cause inconvenience to students who would be busy with Class XII board examinations.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet