Feeling ‘suffocated’, Shikha waits for suspension letter
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Two days after the news of her suspension from the party, Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra on Friday said she is yet to be officially communicated about it.
A senior leader close to her, said she was feeling "suffocated" in the party and wants to "get rid of it as soon as possible".
"We are waiting for the suspension letter. But it has not reached us till now. I have been seeing what is happening in the party and how senior leaders in the party are being insulted," said Trinamool MP and Shikha's husband Somen Mitra. "But I am concerned about my wife. I have told her to wait till the suspension letter comes. And we will take decision after going through the reasons cited for the suspension," he added.
Meanwhile, senior party leaders are tightlipped over the suspension order of Mitra. "We cannot comment. We have been told not to speak to media but she did not adhere to the instruction. The party leadership has taken the incident seriously and termed it as indiscipline and violation of party rules. This is the reason behind her suspension," a senior leader said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'