Feroze Gandhi Market parking lot auctioned for Rs 1.90 crore
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The auction of a parking lot at Feroze Gandhi Market got a new high on Thursday as the contract was allotted to one Krishan Lal and Sons for Rs 1.90 crore for a period of one year.
Last year, this contract was given to LBY construction company for Rs 1.03 crore.
The reserve price of the parking lot was kept at Rs 1.13 crore, and a total of 10 bidders took part in the auction which took place at Municipal Corporation zone D office on Thursday afternoon.
However, the Municipal Corporation authorities maintained that there would be no harassment to the general public over parking charges because of this high auction bid as they had fixed the parking prices for a bicycle at Rs 5, for scooter at Rs 10 and for a car at Rs 20, and the parking slip once taken would be valid from 6 am to 11 pm for as many rounds as a customer wants to make to the same market.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet