Few players can score 200 with this strike-rate: Virat Kohli
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
"I became hungry for runs before this series. Those feelings are important to a cricketer. I am pleased with how I batted in this Test so far. Just hoping that we will have a great session tomorrow and take strong position in this game."
This was Kohli's second century against the Aussies but he rates his maiden ton in Adelaide as a better effort.
"Firstly, I think, still the Adelaide hundred is special" to me. That was a tougher situation we were in. I needed to get out of that shell and make people believe that Test cricket was really important to me.
"I was really pleased with the way I played that whole series. This is also obviously special because I have got only four test hundreds. All four are very special to me." But the talented right-hander seemed surprised that Australia came into the match with a single specialist spinner.
"All of us are bit surprised by their decision. They had Xavier (Doherty) in the team as well. So we really thought that he is going to play this game. We are really surprised to see three seamers in the XI. We decided to take advantage of that because in this condition, you can only have those quicks bowl good spell for three or four overs and not more than that. We had to remind ourselves to go and capitalize on that situation."
But he was unhappy that despite being set, he couldn't go onto hit a big hundred.
"Definitely, even I was very disappointed on getting out at that point of time. Usually, when you get a hundred you want to make it big but the sort of block I am facing, I do not know when I get hundred, I get out. I really want to get over that. I really want to get a big hundred in Test cricket."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'