Fight for Telangana: Fresh complaints lodged against union ministers, Sonia Gandhi
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Based on a private complaint filed by a practicing advocate Madhu Kumar, the court asked the police to investigate the matter and submit a status report by February
Shinde, who had set a one-month deadline for a decision in December 2012, said on January 27 that the consultation process on Telangana issue was underway.
On December 28, 2012, Shinde had said the Centre would announce a decision on the contentious issue in a month.
On December 9, 2009, the then Union Home Minister Chidambaram had announced that the process to create a Telangana state would be initiated by moving a resolution in the state assembly.
However, as protests mounted against the proposed bifurcation of the state in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions, Chidambaram had said on December 23, 2009, that the Centre wanted to consider "all views" on the demand for Telangana state and that "peace and tranquility should be maintained".
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet