Fill vacant NRI quota seats for MBBS, BDS: Punjab CM
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday directed the Medical Education and Research Department to ensure filling of vacant NRI quota for MBBS and BDS seats in all medical and dental colleges in the state.
Badal said the seats should be filled on the basis of PMET merit under the guidelines issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI) in a transparent manner, a CMO spokesperson said.
There were 63 seats of MBBS and 175 seats of BDS lying vacant under the NRI quota in various medical and dental colleges in the state, the spokesperson said.
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot would conduct counseling for NRI quota seats for MBBS on September 14 and for BDS on September 15, he said.
He said only 14 applications under NRI quota had been received till date.
The spokesperson said in view of the chief minister's orders, all seats of NRI quota remaining vacant after September 15 must be filled as per merit.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held