Film City body: Woman was hit on head and killed
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A day after a decomposed body was found in Film City, Goregaon East, police said the woman might have been hit on the head and killed.
While doctors at Bhagvati Hospital, Borivali, had indicated injuries to the head, they could not determine the exact cause of her death.
"Since the body is highly decomposed, doctors need to conduct further tests to ascertain death cause. They told us the viscera would be preserved and a DNA test conducted," said Uttam More, senior inspector, Aarey Colony police station.
The preliminary report, however, said the woman was aged 16 to 20 years, much younger than the initial police estimate. It also said she died 30-45 days ago.
Acid thrown on two girls in Bihar
Patna: A 'jilted lover' threw acid was at two girls while they were sleeping on the roof of their house at Chitwana village in Patna district, police sources said. One of the two teenaged girls suffered severe burns in the incident on Sunday night, the police said. Both of them have been taken to Patna Medical College and Hospital. Prima facie the incident seemed to be the act of jilted lover, the police said adding one person has been taken into custody.
Chennai-bound train derails in Andhra
Chittoor: Three bogies of the Chennai-bound Kaveri Express train derailed while its engine was damaged when boulders fell on the track near Kuppam early Monday. One person was injured in the incident, AP Government Railway Police said. The incident occurred at around 2.30 am near Mallunuru railway station, due to some boulders from the nearby hills fell, owing to rainfall, on the tracks while the train was passing.
Suspended Andhra constable held
Hyderabad: The police on Monday arrested dismissed head constable Giriprasad Sarma, who had taken an SP captive last month to protest alleged harassment. The Saifabad police arrested Sarma and produced him before a local court that remanded him to 14-days judicial custody. He was later shifted to Chanchalguda central prison, a senior police officer said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM