Finally, govt picks consultant for IT hubs
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's idea of developing an IT city in Lucknow and IT parks in different parts of the state has got a boost as the government has finally selected Ernst and Young as consultant for these projects.
The consultant will have to finalise the modalities that will be fulfilled for developing IT city and IT park projects on public-private partnership (PPP) model.
The government has taken up the IT city project, proposed in Lucknow, on priority and hence the consultant has been directed to prepare a draft of modalities for it at the earliest and make a presentation on January 15 before Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani and officials of the other departments, including PWD, Power, Urban Development and Housing.
After incorporating suggestions from these departments, the consultant will prepare the final draft of modalities and guidelines.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held