Financial powers of MC commissioner raised to Rs 5 lakh
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
In the Meeting of the Finance and Contract Committee of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation that went on till late Wednesday evening, at the Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria's camp office, the financial powers of the Commissioner of the MC have been increased from Rs 25,000 to Rs 5 lakh. This money can be used by the Commissioner immediately for minor works of the city.
Mayor also approved a project worth Rs 2 crore for the sterilisation of stray dogs.
MC Commissioner R K Verma said a pending proposal of development charges in the core area notified by the MC has been sorted. "The core areas have been exempted," he added.
Renovation of 16 sub zonal offices were also approved by the mayor. "Suvidha centers will be operational in all sub zones," he added. Gohalwaria also informed that after March 31 all illegal water and sewerage connections will be disconnected if owners do not get them regularized.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet