FIR against Arabul
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The CPM has filed an FIR against 15 members of the Trinamool Congress, including South 24 Parganas leader Arabul Islam, in connection with the violence at Bamunghata here on January 8 that left a number of workers of both parties injured.
The FIR was filed at the Kolkata Leather Complex police station by the counsel of CPM worker Hashem Mollah of Bhangor, who was injured in the violence, the police said.
Besides Arabul, a former MLA of TMC, FIRs were also filed against Mohidul Islam, Vice-President of Bhangor II panchayat and block-level leaders Mominul Islam and Pradeep Mondol, the police said.
While one person was shot at, some 10 vehicles were torched in the violence.
Arabul had alleged that Marxist workers fired at his car following which he fell off and was rescued by TMC workers during the violence. The former TMC MLA has filed FIRs against 400 CPM workers including CPM district committee members Tushar Ghosh, Prafulla Mondol, Udayan Mondol and Sattar Mollah.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations