FIR against ex-BSP leaders, IPS officer for 2009 arson
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Former BSP leaders Jitendra Singh alias Babloo, Intezar Ahmed Abidi alias Bobby, and IPS officer Harish Kumar, PPS officers BS Garbyal and Baliram Saroj were booked on Tuesday for allegedly burning the car of a Congress leader during the arson at the house of former Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi in July 2009.
The FIR was lodged at Hussainganj police station on the order of Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajesh Upadhyay, following an application was filed by former UPCC general secretary Rajveer Singh. He had approached the court in August 2009 alleging that then BSP MLA Babloo, then BSP leader Bobby, then Additional SP(Lucknow East) Harish Kumar, then Circle Officer(Hazratganj) BS Garbyal, and then Hussainganj Station House Officer Baliram Saroj had burnt his Ambassador car parked outside Joshi's house.
The five accused have been charged for mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house, rioting, intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and criminal intimidation.
The arson at Joshi's house took place soon after she made an allegedly derogatory remark against then chief minister Mayawati. The case pertaining to arson is pending in the court.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'