FIR against MLA’s gunman, two others
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
In yet another incident of political high handedness, a Congress MLA from Hisar's Barwala assembly constituency, Ramniwas Ghorela and his security men allegedly thrashed a family, including women, after their car failed to give way to the MLA's vehicle on the Jind-Hisar highway late on Sunday.
The police later booked three persons, including MLA's gunman Karambir, driver and another unidentified man, after the family members supported by hundreds of passersby blocked the Jind-Hisar highway for over four hours. Ghorela has denied his involvement in the incident.
According to the police, the incident took place on Sunday when Ghorela was returning from Karnal to Barwala. At around 7.30 pm, when his car reached near railway crossing on Hansi road in Jind, his securitymen entered into a clash with one Devender, a Kharakpunia resident, for not letting the MLA's vehicle overtake his car. Devender, his uncle Raghbir, aunt Surajmati and three other women of their family were travelling in the car. The MLA allegedly abused Devender and his uncle and his securitymen thrashed both.
"We were returning from Shahpur village after attending a family function. When I could not give way, Ghorela's driver brought his vehicle parallel to mine and hit my vehicle with his rifle's butt and started abusing me. When I protested, the MLA's driver brought his car in front of mine and blocked our way. The driver and MLA's securityman started misbehaving with me and my uncle and even thrashed us. The MLA also abused the women who were with us", Devender said.
Soon Ghorela sped away from the spot. As agitated mob started raising slogans police reached the spot and tried to pacify the mob.
"We have booked MLA's securityman, driver and another man on charges of assault," said DSP Om Singh Balhara.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held