Fire at Kumbh kills 1, stampede toll 37
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
"Following the incident, at least eight people were shifted in air ambulance to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi. At least five of them succumbed to their injuries over a course of few days. Another two persons died at SRN Hospital here," said S P Singh Principal of Medical College and in charge of SRN Hospital.
Meanwhile, the death toll in the Sunday stampede on the day of Mauni Amavasya at the Allahabad railway station rose to 37. An unidentified man, being treated at Swaroop Rani Nehru Hospital, succumbed to his injuries Friday morning, said Chief Medical Officer, Dr Padmakar Singh.
The total toll so far due to stampede, fire incidents and heavy crowding in the Mela stands at 47. While eight have died in fire incidents, 37 in the stampede at railway station, two others were killed on Mauni Amavasya due to heavy crowding in the Mela area.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held