Fire guts Lonavala Big Boss sets
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A part of the sets at Hudco area in Lonavala where reality show Big Boss was shot was gutted in a major fire in the early hours of Friday. Police said the primary investigation revealed short circuit to be the cause of fire. As the premises were locked, there were no one inside the sets. Lonavala rural police said the fire broke out around 4.50 am.
Inspector Vishnu Pawar said, "The shooting of the reality show is over. So there was no one inside the premises. Only one of the blocks of the set caught fire and was completely destroyed. Three fire tenders —one each from Khopoli and Lonavala municipalities and one from INS Shivaji — were pressed into action. The fire was brought under control within two hours."
"According to the fire brigade personnel fire was caused by a short circuit. We are recording the statements of neighbours and security guards. We have not ruled out foul play in the case."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet