Fire reported in Doordarshan building
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The fifth floor of the Doordarshan building in Mandi House was gutted in a fire reported at 10 pm on Saturday. As many as 22 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the inferno and the operation lasted around an hour and a half, Fire officials said.
Delhi Fire Services chief GC Mishra said the fire was initially thought to be a small category fire but was later declared a medium category fire. No casualties were reported till the time of filing this story as the office was closed. It was not immediately clear whose offices were located on the floor.
Man arrested for duping investors
A man was arrested for allegedly cheating several persons on the pretext of helping them buy plots in Greater Noida. The accused, Afroz Ahmed, reportedly induced lower middle-class persons to invest in the property and ran away with their money, police said. The incident was reported when Rekha Devi, a resident of Patparganj, told police that she and three other people, had been duped by Ahmed, who promised to provide them plots in Greater Noida at cheap rates. Devi reportedly paid Rs 10.12 lakh to Ahmed after an agreement was signed, but he didn't register the sale deal or return the money.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held