Fishtail gowns rule Golden Globes red carpet
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
Be it in pale colours or dark, fishtail gowns ruled the red carpet at the Golden Globe awards this year with Hollywood beauties including Megan Fox, Amy Adams and Taylor Swift sporting the style.
Adams, Fox and actress Hayden Panettiere turned up the temperature by slipping into an array of nude-coloured gowns at the 70th Annual Golden Globes on Sunday night.
Adams, 38, went for old Hollywood glamour in her skin-toned Marchesa gown, with Panettiere, 23, opting for a structured Roberto Cavalli number.
New mother Fox, 26, looked gorgeous in a Dolce & Gabbana gown, Jimmy Choo shoes, Lorraine Schwartz jewels, and a Salvatore Ferragamo clutch.
Despite the chilly weather there was still a lot of skin on display at the red carpet, as stars walked down in off-shoulder ensembles and also sported thigh-high splits.
The pale colour trend was carried forward by best supporting actress (comedy or musical) winner Anne Hathaway in Chanel, Amanda Seyfried in a lace and pleated number and Australian actress Isla Fisher in Reem Acra.
Taylor Swift broke the colour trend, maintaining the fishtail one, in a backless burgundy creation by Donna Karan Atelier, paired with glittering Lorraine Schwartz jewels, Rene Caovilla shoes and an Oroton clutch.
Even singer-actress Jennifer Lopez, 42, opted for a ivory and white Zuhair Murad number, displaying her curves in the long-sleeve silk gown featuring embroidered lace overlay with beading detail.
Best actress (drama) Golden Globe winner Jessica Chastain turned up in a pale blue Calvin Klein ensemble, while actress Rosario Dawson opted for sea-foam blue.
Monochrome dominated the red carpet, with supermodel Heidi Klum, 'Glee' star Lea Michele and actress-singer Julianne Hough opting for white.
Hough made quite a statement with her ruffled Monique Lhuillier white gown with sheer gold embellished overlay. Acres of tulle at the skirt added some serious drama to the it.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations