Five arrested for stealing drugs meant for hospitals
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Five persons, including the storekeeper of ex-Serviceman's Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS), were arrested fon the charges of stealing medicines from various hospitals and selling them in the market illegally.
The Crime Branch seized medicines, worth over Rs 12 lakh, which were from the Railway hospital, ECHS hospitals, ESI hospitals and Sanjay Gandhi Memorial hospital.
Neeraj Kumar, Sachin Gupta, Hari Shankar Chhabra, Hari Nath Gupta and Ram Vir Singh were arrested. Singh worked as a storekeeper in ECHS polyclinic and Chhabra ran a medicine shop, police said.
"Kumar and Gupta were arrested from Rohini. Their questioning led to the arrest of the other three accused," DCP (Crime) S B S Tyagi said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM