Five assault 24-yr-old after altercation
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
The UT Police has registered a case against a car bearing a registration number of Punjab whose occupants had allegedly assaulted Ishwarbir Singh Sindhu, 24, an alumni of Khalsa College, Sector 26 on charges of attempt to murder.
The victim was assaulted by a group of five when he was returning form a disco in Sector 26 with a friend.
The incident took place at 2.15 am on Saturday night. As per the police, the two had an altercation at the disco. While going to Sector 7 the two were intercepted by the accused. They beat Sandhu while the friend was spared.
Sandhu had sustained head injuries but is now stable according to doctors.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'