Five complaints of sexual exploitation against Rail TTEs in 2012
Five complaints related to sexual exploitation of women in trains were registered against TTEs and one against police personnel in 2012, the ministry of Railways said today.
In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Railways Kotla Jaya Surya Prakash Reddy shared information as per which nine complaints of sexual exploitation were also registered against armed force personnel in 2012.
Six eve teasing complaints were registered against TTEs in 2012, whereas there was one such complaint against police personnel and three against Armed Force personnel, the information provided by the minister mentioned.
In January 2013, one complaint against TTE and four complaints against armed force personnel were also registered regarding sexual exploitation of women in trains.
One case of jumping out of moving trains by women passengers to protect their dignity was registered in 2012 and another one in 2013. No case of killing of women passengers in trains has been registered in both these years.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow