Flesh trade: 2 aspiring models, agent held
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Social Security Cell of Pune police Crime Branch on Friday arrested two female aspiring models along with an agent for allegedly operating a sex racket.
Police have identified the agent as Rohit Arvind Agarwal (26) of Rina Apartment, Link Road, Goregaon (West), Mumbai. He was arrested from a five-star hotel in Viman Nagar along with two models aged 23 and 26 years, both from Mumbai.
The police had learnt that Agarwal used to ask customers to book a room in a five-star hotel after making them deposit an advance of Rs 5,000 in a bank account. Acting on a tip-off, the police sent a decoy customer and booked a room at a Viman Nagar hotel on Friday. The decoy passed on the name of the hotel and room number to Agarwal. Around 4.30 pm, when Agarwal came to the hotel room with two women, he was nabbed by the police team that had laid a trap at the spot.
"The girls are modelling aspirants and say they have acted in an advertisement of scarves. But as they did not make much money out of it, they started working with Agarwal as he promised to give them more money," said inspector Barge.
"Agarwal is into this business for the last two years. All three are arrested under sections of Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA)," Barge added. An offence in this case was registered at the Airport police station.
Police said high-profile sex trade was on the rise in the city. The police team comprised senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge, police sub inspector Ashwini Jagtap, assistant sub inspector Dattatraya Nikam, constables Kernath Kamble, Shashikant Shinde, Ajit Dhumal, Sandip Holkar, Sohanlal Chutele, Ganesh Jagtap, Deepal Jade, Krishna Machare, Damyanti Jagdale and Maniyar.
Meanwhile, in another case, acting on a tip-off to havaldar Ashok Takalkar, the Social Security cell team raided a brothel in Budhwar Peth and rescued two minor girls on Friday. One of the girls was found to be a Bangladeshi national. Police also arrested brothel keeper Pooja Manbahadur Tamang (37) in connection with this case. The offence was registered at Faraskhana police station.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held