Flesh trade racket busted; 5 girls rescued, ‘agent’ held
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Social Service Branch of Pune Police on Thursday carried out a raid at an apartment in Pimpri Gaon and rescued five girls, including a minor, allegedly involved in flesh trade. A woman who allegedly operated as their agent has also been arrested.
"We raided Flat No. 4, Rohit Apartment, Pimpri Gaon, and rescued four girls who are residents of West Bengal and another minor girl from Punjab. The suspected agent, Nitu Vijaypradhan Mistrin, 35, has been arrested in this case," said a police statement.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet