Focus on creating homes for middle class, builders advised
"Marketing is nothing but winning the hearts of your customers with every little goodwill gesture needed," said noted real estate developer and entrepreneur D S Kulkarni delivering a lecture at the Annual General Meeting of Marathi Bandhkam Vyavasaeek Association (MBVA) at Hotel Marriott recently.
S R Kulkarni, founder, Rajendra Pate, president, Sudhir Darode, executive president, Kalyan Taware, vice-president, Charudatta Joshi, secretary and Nandu Ghate treasurer of MBVA were also present. DS Kulkarni was felicitated on the occasion by MBVA president Rajendra Pate and Gajendra Pawar, Head of Media and Events Committee of MBVA.
Kulkarni advised other builders to focus on creating homes for the middle class, which will open up a big market for real estate developers. He emphasized the need to understand the psyche of the customer for creating a successful marketing strategy. Sale is an integral part of marketing and he cited an example of a salesman in a Saree shop, who relentlessly tries to serve his customer, who are very choosy.
He said, "All of us need to know two factors while dealing with customers. First, a factory of ice on head and Second, a factory of sugar in mouth."
He said the real estate developer community should be as friendly as a family doctor by posing a question to everyone saying if there can be a family doctor, why can't there be a family builder?
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow