Foil strike, I will guard you, says Mamata
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
"While on February 20 we will observe the strike, the next day we will join work but also take out rallies to express solidarity with striking employees of other states," Ananta Banerjee, secretary of the committee, said.
The federation of the Trinamool had written to the chief secretary requesting permission to stay at Writers' on the eve of the bandh. "All employees will join work on that day,'' Biswajit Chatterjee, secretary of the federation, said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations