Football tourney: Syntel down IBM 4-0
- Sonia hopes House will address issue of gay rights, govt considers all options
- UP govt cannot withdraw terror cases without Centre's consent: Allahabad HC
- No plan to curtail Winter Session, says govt as Lokpal Bill's fate remains uncertain
- Twitterati slam AAP for not forming Delhi govt, party terms critics as trolls on Facebook
- Muzaffarnagar riots: SC orders UP to prevent further death of children in relief camps
Gabriel D'Souza fired two goals, both in the first half, to help Syntel blank IBM 4-0 in the super league match of the 11th Inter-IT football championship, 2013 at the Range Hills ground.
D'Souza found the target in the ninth and the 27th minute after Aslam Shaikh had put Syntel ahead in the third minute. Amit Tare struck the fourth goal of the match in the 43rd minute to completely overwhelm IBM.
IBM suffered yet another defeat despite taking the lead as Cognizant won 2-1, thanks to goals from Kedar Wagholikar (21st) and Jiten Jacob (33rd). For IBM, Shantanu Pande had scored in the 12th minute.
Cognizant scored yet another win over the weekend when they rode on a goal from Jiten Jacob against Tata Technologies. Jacob's 42nd minute strike was enough for the win.
In other matches, Capgemini beat HSBC
1-0, Cybage defeated Amdocs 1-0 and Wipro Technologies drew with Tata Technologies 2-2.
- Tehelka journalist 'recorded' calls from Tarun Tejpal, Shoma Chaudhury
- Muzaffarnagar riots: Politicians missing, officials in denial over relief camp deaths
- ‘Will our children now be seen as criminals?’
- Govt in the dock over 'AP', 'FAM' in middlemen's 'budget sheet'
- Gay rights: Disappointed, activists plan review plea, call for repeal of SC verdict
- SC says gay sex punishable, withdraws legal protection to LGBT community