For arms licences, Namdhari used fake documents
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
For getting passport, too, Namdhari submitted fake documents to Jalandhar Regional Passport Officer in 2006. Namdhari had declared himself an illiterate person who could sign only in Hindi. However, documents show that he had failed in class XII in Uttarakhand.
The residence proof attached to the passport application was a ration card, wherein he has shown to be a resident of Janian village in Jalandhar. But the probe conducted by District Food and Supply Officer of Jalandhar found the ration card to be fake.
Moreover, Namdhari claimed in his application that no criminal cases were pending against him in 2006. However, probe revealed that 13 cases were pending against him that year.
The inquiry report stated that Namdhari "adopted illegal means to obtain a fake ration card, which was used to obtain the passport". In addition, he gave incorrect facts about his education, the report added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’