For threatening woman cop, jail inmate, kin booked
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The city police have registered a case against an undertrial, accused of murder and lodged in the Ludhiana women jail, and her relatives for allegedly threatening the prison's superintendent Snehjot Dhawan. After a seven-month long inquiry, police have booked inmate inmate Dolly Rani, her daughter and another relative Amit Kamboj.
The cases have been registered under Section 66-A of the IT Act (sending false and offensive messages through communication services) and Section 506 of IPC (criminal intimidation).
Dolly, a resident of Sohana in Mohali has been lodged in the women jail for alleged murder. Snehjot Dhawan had filed a complaint after she received threats on her phone on June 4, last year. Jail officials had sent the complaint to DIG (Roop Nagar range). DIG had forwarded the complaint to Superintendent of Police (detective) Mohali for enquiry. After completing the enquiry SP had sent the enquiry report to the Ludhiana police commissioner Ludhiana. Having obtained a legal opinion from the district attorney (legal), the division no 7 police have registered the case. In her complaint, Snehjot Dhawan said the accused threatened that they would harm her family if she did not favor Dolly Rani.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow