For want of Rs 4 lakh and car, woman, son burnt to death by UP cop
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
A 24-year-old woman and her six-month-old son were allegedly burnt to death by an Uttar Pradesh police constable and his family members over dowry demand, police said today.
In the incident which took place yesterday in Turi Baghuli village in the Iglas police station area, Priya and her infant son were allegedly killed by her husband Pushpendra Sharma and in-laws, who set the victims on fire.
Family members of the victim alleged that Priya, who had married Pushpendra three years back, was of late under pressure from her in-laws to either arrange for a car or ask her parents to give them Rs 4 lakh.
A case has been filed by the victim's family following which Pushpendra's father Mahesh Chandra Sharma was arrested last night while Pusshpendra, is still absconding, they said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'