Force developing a high-end multi-purpose vehicle
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
introducing high range of tractors in the backdrop of
"In 2009-10, we sold about 600 units, which went upto 1,100 in 2010-11. Last year we sold about 1,600units. This year we expect to sell about 2,500 units", he said, adding the company would develop higher range of tractors with "new technological initiatives".
Launching the 26 seater mini-bus Traveller 26, here, Rattan said,"Traveller is one area we must build upon. By bringing the high-end van we will further strengthen our business",he said. The company is looking to sell about 4,500 units of Traveller 26 in which the formal production would begin in January 2013. "We have started with school bus(variant). The air-conditioned bus showcased here is a prototype. In January the full production will begin. We expect to sell about 4,500 units".
According to him, the market for LCV passenger bus with seating capacity of six to 20units is about 20,000 units while above five to 7.5 tonner (21-35 seater) would be about 22,000 units.
On the outlook for this year, he said the company plans to sell about 14,000 light commercial vehicles in 2012-13, while sale in multi-utility vehicle(Trax brand) is expected to be about 11,000 units as against 9,000 units sold last year.
In the small commercial vehicle category, which is retailed under Trump brand, Rattan said the company would expect a decline to 3,000 units as against 5,000 units due to the uncertain market conditions.
On spare-parts business, he said the company expects revenue of Rs 110 crore as against Rs 85 crore registered last year.
To a query on exports, he said the company is expecting to sell about 1,800 units as against 1,000 units shipped during the last financial year.
"We export Trax, Traveller to African market. We will also take this Traveller 26 to Africa and to South East Asian markets. This year we are looking at exports of 1,800 units".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow