Forced to marry, minor girl commits suicide in UP
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A minor girl here allegedly committed suicide after being pressurised by her parents to marry a middle-aged man, police said today.
The body of Rajni (17), was found hanging in her house in Krishnapuri locality yesterday, they said adding that the body has been sent for post-mortem and the girl's father is being questioned in this regard.
Meanwhile, a 36-year-old woman was beaten to death by her husband over an alleged illicit relationship in the Manlandi village of neighbouring Prabudhnagar district yesterday.
The husband was arrested and a case of murder was lodged against him, police said.
In yet another incident, a 48-year-old woman Kanti ended life by jumping into a river yesterday. She was said to be upset over a family dispute, police said.
Probe into the matter is on, they said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet