MLA joins Cong, sonís firm lands high-value Gurgaon deal
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
A week before the revised Gurgaon master plan was approved, a firm called the DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd drew up a "collaboration agreement" with eight individuals who owned agriculture land in the Badshahpur area of Gurgaon. The firm paid a total of Rs 4.80 crore for "group housing and other projects" on 10.2 acres. On August 29, when the master plan was approved by the Haryana government, the status ó and the value ó of these 10.2 acres changed overnight from agriculture to residential land.
DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd, according to records of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, has two directors ó Dharam Singh of South Extension in New Delhi and Satish Singh Chhoker of Samalkha in Panipat. Satish is the son of Dharam Singh Chhoker, MLA from Samalkha who along with four others left the Haryana Janhit Congress of Kuldeep Bishnoi and joined the Congress in November 2009. Chhoker was the only one of the five not rewarded with a ministerial or equivalent berth in the Haryana government after the defection ó of the four, two are ministers and two chief parliamentary secretaries.
The 10.2 acres for which DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd entered into a "collaboration agreement" will become part of Gurgaon Sector 68 once the master plan is finalised. Incidentally, this land is situated close to the 40 acres purchased by a firm owned by the business partners of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, who is currently in custody for his alleged role in the death of MDLR air hostess Geetika Sharma. The land deal involving Kanda's partners was first reported by The Indian Express on September 14.
In the "collaboration agreement" with the eight individuals, the word August has been crossed out and September written on top. It was submitted to the Joint Sub Registrar, Gurgaon, on September 10, 2012, and finally registered on September 25, 2012. The agreement, on behalf of DSC Estate Developers, was signed by Satish Singh Chhoker as its "authorised representative".
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'