Foreigner dies mid-air, plane makes emergency landing
A Frankfurt-Bangkok flight made an emergency landing in the city for medical treatment of a passenger who suddenly fell ill mid-air, but he was dead before the airport doctors could treat him.
The passenger, about 75 years of age, of flight LH-772 of Lufthansa airlines fell ill when the plane was flying near the city airport, sources in the NSC Bose International Airport here said.
The flight, which was not scheduled to land here, requested the Air Traffic Control for an emergency landing which was granted.
However, the passenger was dead by the time doctors of the airport could see him, the sources said.
The sources, however, could not confirm the identity of the passenger, whose body was taken for post-mortem examination.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations