Forging documents for sale of SIM cards: Another person held
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Pune Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), on Thursday night, arrested an accomplice of mobile shop owner Ganpat Garg who was arrested for allegedly selling SIM cards to people on the basis of forged documents. Investigators have recovered more than 100 SIM cards, photos of 54 persons and documents of some more persons.
The second arrested suspect has been identified as Iqbal Sadiq Khan (31), a resident of Kondhwa. On Friday, Pune court remanded Khan in police custody till November 14. ATS had arrested Garg from Dighi. He too has been remanded in police custody till November 14. Investigating officer Milind Gaikwad said Garg has been selling cards on forged documents for the last two years.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet