Former BJP mandal members allege foul play in Dec 2 elections
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Some former office bearers of the mandal of Bharatiya Janata Party at Ward 22 have submitted a memorandum to the senior leaders of the party alleging that due process for elections was not followed when the elections were held on December 2. In the memorandum, former president of the mandal Bharat Bhushan Bhardwaj has stated that the mandal samiti had helped the party win the election of the Municipal Corporation. The incharge of the election in the mandal Satyavan Shera, however stated that the due process was followed and the election was fair.
Society opens 'Kindness Club' for animal welfare
Chandigarh: The Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has opened a Kindness Club at K R Sarvhitkari Vidyamandir, Sector 43. Dr S K Sharma, patron of the society, highlighted the activities of SPCA and exhorted the staff and students of the school to look around if any cruelty is being inflicted on animals and report it to SPCA Hospital in Sector 38 (West). Dr J C Kochhar, president of the society, while installing the Kindness Club, said that members will act as SPCA brigade to come forward for the welfare and care of sick and injured stray animals. The school authorities were advised to conduct essay completion, poster completion and declamation contests to promote interest in animal welfare activities.
Class I & II students of Golden Bells School visit Chattbir zoo
Chandigarh: Golden Bells Public School, Sector 77, Mohali organized an excursion to Chattbir Zoo for the students of classes I and II on Wednesday. Kids monitored various animals like the monkeys, rhino, bear, elephant, tiger, birds, different kinds of reptiles etc. The most exciting feature of the visit for the kids was the 'Lion Safari'.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’