Former BSP leader joins BJP
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Former BSP MLA from Duddhi Assembly seat in Sonbhadra district Chandramani Prasad joined BJP in Lucknow on Saturday. Prasad, a retired IPS officer, took membership of BJP along with his wife Sumitra Mani in the presence of party state president Laxmikant Bajpai and party national vice-president Kalraj Mishra and other leaders.
Chandramani Prasad was elected as MLA from Duddhi on BSP ticket in 2007.
He had contested on same seat as an independent candidate in 2012 elections because BSP had denied him ticket. He had lost the election and his security was also forfeited.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow