Former Dera Sacha Sauda sadhu castrated, say docs
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Sadhu Hans Raj Chauhan, who had filed a petition alleging castration at the behest of Dera Sacha Sauda head Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, was indeed castrated, a report by a board of doctors of the Government Multi Specialty Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 confirmed on Monday.
The report was submitted to the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Monday.
Taking it up on record, Justice R N Raina directed the Dera Sacha Sauda to file its reply in the case. During resumed hearing on Monday, senior standing counsel for CBI, S S Sandhu, apprised the court that state authorities are competent enough to probe the matter and hence there was no need of a CBI inquiry. The counsel for Haryana, however, informed the court that security has been provided to the petitioner.
While Chauhan had sought medical examination of seven other sadhus as well, the court had directed petitioner to get only his medical examination done at GMSH, Sector 16. The high court had issued notices to the Haryana government and the CBI as Chauhan had alleged that around 400 other sadhus had been castrated at the dera in Sirsa.
Chauhan had claimed that the sadhus were castrated with a false promise that men who undergo the procedure would be able to gain divine powers through Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held