Four dead, 11 hurt after vehicle pile-up on Faridkot road
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Four people died on the spot and 11 others sustained injuries after a car collided head on with a truck and overturned before being hit by a jeep near Kaler village on the Faridkot-Talwandi road on Sunday. Six of the injured are in critical condition and all 11 of them have been admitted in the Faridkot Medical College.
The accident occurred on Sunday morning when the car overturned after colliding with the truck. A Mahindra pick up jeep coming from behind then hit both the vehicles. All four occupants of the car died on the spot.
They have been identified as Nisha, her 17-year-old daughter Heena, Nisha's sister Dolly and the driver of the car, Goldy. The victims belong to a reputed industrial family of Faridkot. The driver, Goldy, is a father of a two-year-old toddler. Nisha's husband, Naresh Kumar was shocked after learning of the deaths of his wife and only daughter.
The horrific accident shocked even the residents of Kaler village. DSP Jaswinder Pal Sharma, who visited the spot along with other police officials, booked the truck driver but he is admitted in hospital. DC Ravi Bhagat also visited the spot.
Meanwhile, cremation of the dead was done in the afternoon after the post-mortem.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet