Four murder man in Govandi, two arrested
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A day after four residents of Bainganwadi in Govandi allegedly murdered a fellow resident over a suspected property dispute, Shivaji Nagar police have arrested two suspects in the case.
They are likely to arrest another suspect for the murder, as he is believed to have been arrested by the Deonar police in an unrelated case. They have not traced the fourth suspect yet.
Shivaji Nagar police said that on Friday afternoon, Sayyed Ali Ghulam Nabi (26) was taking a nap when the four barged into his house at Bainganwadi after breaking the door and hit him with iron rods and fled.
Sayyed was rushed to Rajawadi hospital but succumbed to his injuries. His brother registered a complaint with Shivaji Nagar police.
"We made enquiries and found Sayyed was involved in a property dispute with four men over a small plot whose owner had recently died. Based on this we picked up suspects," said an officer with Shivaji Nagar police.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations