France beats co-host Ukraine 2-0 in Group D
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Jeremy Menez and Yohan Cabaye scored early in the second half Friday to give France a 2-0 win over Ukraine in a storm-delayed match at the European Championship.
Thunder, lightning and torrential rain forced the players off the field after five minutes, and the game took nearly an hour to resume.
When it did, Menez made up for two big misses. He put France ahead in the 53rd minute with a clinical strike into the bottom corner, and Cabaye scored three minutes later after being set up by Karim Benzema.
After a 1-1 draw with England, France has four points in Group D, one more than Ukraine.
The win was France's first at a major tournament since the 2006 World Cup semifinals and extended its unbeaten run to 23 games.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow