'Free air tickets to Olympic winners'
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Budget airlines SpiceJet today announced that it would provide free air tickets for life to all Indian medal winners at the just-concluded London Olympics.
"SpiceJet Ltd is proud to be associated with these winners who brought great moments of achievements for India at this gathering of sportspersons from across the globe," the airlines said in a statement.
"It is an effort of SpiceJet to be part of sports that has impacts on national mood, affects wellness and contributes to the prestige and honour of the nation," it added.
SpiceJet Ltd Chief Executive Officer Neil Mills congratulated the Olympic medal winners and said, "It is a matter of great honour for us to be associated with the sportspersons who brought recognition for India at London Olympics 2012.
"The Nation is proud of their unprecedented performance. The victory of Sushil Kumar, Yogeshwar Dutt, Vijay Kumar, MC Mary Kom, Saina Nehwal and Gagan Narang proves their hard work and commitment to their respective fields," he said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations