Freida Pinto to host pre Oscar bash
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
"Slumdog Millionaire" star Freida Pinto will host a special pre Oscar party where she will promote the issue of girl child education.
A week-long celebration leading up to the Academy Awards by Vanity Fair magazine is one of the most attended and sought after celebratory events and the 28-year-old beauty is the first Indian origin actress to host the event.
"When Vanity Fair approached Freida to co-host the pre Oscar party with them she was more than happy to align with them and bring more attention to the 10X10 Girl Rising initiative. She has always felt committed to this cause and wouldn't miss out on this opportunity," her spokesperson said in a statement.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’